For additional information, consult the project
chairperson: Debbie Gegare; 830 Apple Ridge Drive, Janesville,
WI 53545; Phone: 608 921-8510; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To stimulate and interest children in the environment
and the role horticulture plays in their lives.
Who Can Participate
Age divisions of participants:
- 5 to 7 years old
- 8 to 10 years old
- 11 to 14 years old
- Drawing must be on standard 8 ½ x 11 in. paper.
- Only one entry per participant (no limit on the number of entries
from any state)
- The artist’s name, age (as of Dec. 31 of the current year),
date of birth, address, and the current year’s theme should
be placed on the back of the entry.
- The drawing must be an original work based on the current year’s
- Each entry must submit a self-addressed stamped envelope. If submitting
an entire class, club or group, submit a self-addressed 9 ½
x 12 ½ in. envelope with $3.00 in postage along with entries.
Because of the popularity of this contest and the lack on the entry
fee, entries lacking proper postage will not be acknowledged. Results
will be mailed.
- Entries become the property of the National Junior Horticulture
Association and will not be returned. NJHA reserves the right to use
any and all entries for publicity purposes.
- Entries must be postmarked by September 23 of the current contest
year and mailed to Debbie Gegare, 104 Wallace Way Milton, WI 53563
- Failure to comply with any of the contest rules will result in disqualification.
First, second and third will be awarded a medal in each division.
Grand National (first place) winners in each division will receive a gold medal.
Second place winners in each division will receive a silver medal.
Third place winners in each division will receive a copper medal.
Carole S. Carney
15 Railroad Avenue
Homer City, PA 15748
- 2012 – How Does Your Garden Grow
- 2013 – Can You Dig It?